-   -   Formula writing problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53848-formula-writing-problem.html)

Bob

Formula writing problem

I am looking for the operator that works like the dollar sign inLotus 123 in
front of cell value so that the value doesn't change when the formula is
copied.

Paul B

Formula writing problem

Bob, =$A$1, to lock both column and row

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Bob" <Bob @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I am looking for the operator that works like the dollar sign inLotus 123

in
front of cell value so that the value doesn't change when the formula is
copied.

CLR

Formula writing problem

$A$1 is an absolute reference to cell A1..........it will not change when
used in a formula and copied around.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3