Terry

Default Help with Interpolating for a value.

I am trying to calculate a value such as 60 % that occurs in a column of
cells, and then have it return a value proportionately from another column.
BenjieLop

Terry Wrote:
I am trying to calculate a value such as 60 % that occurs in a column
of
cells, and then have it return a value proportionately from another
column.

I don't think Excel has an interpolation function so let us just derive
your interpolation formula using the basic concept presented in an
Algebra course.

If your (assumed) data are arranged as follows

ColumnA ColumnB
12 36
x y
20 60

what/where is your 60%? Is it (12+ 60% of 12) in Col A or (36 + 60% of
36) in Col B?

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=273909

Jerry W. Lewis

While there is no interpolation function in Excel, you can often fake it
through judicious use of FORECAST, TREND, or GROWTH, depending on the
form of interpolation you wish to use.

Jerry