-   -   Why is it important to check the range placed in the SUM function. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5369-why-important-check-range-placed-sum-function.html)

CUTIE

Why is it important to check the range placed in the SUM function.

Why is it important to check the range placed in the SUM function when using
the AutoSum button?

Dave Peterson

'cause sometimes excel's guesses aren't what you want.

--

Dave Peterson

Bernard Liengme

Sounds like homework!
1) Suppose your column of numbers is headed by a year (e.g. 2002), Excel
will include this.
2) Suppose =SUM(...) is used in the lower right of a block of numbers: will
Autosum add horizontally or vertically?

Please let me know what mark I got in the assignment

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme