-   -   Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53527-hide-0%25-figures-pivot-table.html)

Matt D Francis

Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

Hi

I have a simple pivot table where many of the values are showing as 0%. This
has been done by formatting the field as "% Of Column". I then rounded the
decimal places down to none. It looks like this:

WARD APRIL MAY
F1 1% 4%
F2 0% 2%
F3 17% 0%
F4 0% 1%

etc.

What I want to do is hide the 0% figures. I can't see how to do this as the
actual value in the cell in many cases is not zero. For example the value for
F2 in April is 6 out of an April total of 1939, so is actually 0.31%, which
rounded to no decimal places is 0% which I want to show.

Conditional Formatting won't work as this works on the number value sof the
cell, not the %. As the total numbers vary for each month/column I can't
make a rule.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the cells showing 0% to appear blank
without formatting them individually?

topola

Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

Select Entire Table
Select Data
CTRL + 1 (Format Cells)
Custom Type: (type the following:) 0%;-0%;-

6/1939 = 0.3% looks like 0% will be left on screen. Real zeros will be
shown as "-".

Tomek Polak, http://vba.blog.onet.pl

Matt D Francis

Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

Thanks but that doesn't seem to work. The cells are showing as % already. I
want the cells that are showing 0% to appear empty, even though some of these
cells actually contain a number < 0. I can hide the genuine zero values
using conditional formatting.

"topola" wrote:

Select Entire Table
Select Data
CTRL + 1 (Format Cells)
Custom Type: (type the following:) 0%;-0%;-

6/1939 = 0.3% looks like 0% will be left on screen. Real zeros will be
shown as "-".

Tomek Polak, http://vba.blog.onet.pl

topola

Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

I would than just use =Round(X,2) for you row data just producing real
zeros for this purpose. TP

Matt D Francis

Hide 0% figures in Pivot Table

Makes sense but how can I do that? The % figure I see is being calcuated by
the Pivot from a count of values in a column on a separate worksheet, I can't
view the formual it uses.