-   -   Sorting dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5351-sorting-dates.html)

Herb

Sorting dates

I want to sort dates by month and day while ignoring the year. Is there a
way to do that? Thanks. -Herb Mann

7/1/2005
9/1/2003
12/15/2004

Peo Sjoblom

Only by using a help column and sort by that column

=MONTH(A2)

assuming your data starts in A2, copy down and sort

Peo Sjoblom

"Herb" wrote in message
I want to sort dates by month and day while ignoring the year. Is there a
way to do that? Thanks. -Herb Mann

7/1/2005
9/1/2003
12/15/2004

Frank Kabel

Hi
in a helper column enter the formula
=TEXT(A1,"MMDD")
and sort with this helper column

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Herb wrote:
I want to sort dates by month and day while ignoring the year. Is
there a way to do that? Thanks. -Herb Mann

7/1/2005
9/1/2003
12/15/2004

Herb