-   -   hide sheets use data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53448-hide-sheets-use-data.html)

j2thea

hide sheets use data

I've made a main sheet that pulls data from the other sheets. If I hide the
other sheets with the data, my data isnt pulled from the other sheets. Is
there a way, wihtout vb, to make the other sheets hidden but still usable?

Richard Buttrey

hide sheets use data

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:28:01 -0800, j2thea
wrote:

I've made a main sheet that pulls data from the other sheets. If I hide the
other sheets with the data, my data isnt pulled from the other sheets. Is
there a way, wihtout vb, to make the other sheets hidden but still usable?

How does it 'pull the data' from the other sheets?

That rather suggests that you're running a macro since I can see no
reason why a formula which refers to cells on a hidden sheet wouldn't
work.

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________

damorrison

hide sheets use data

How is it not working, I think you may have a protection problem, but
cannot determin if we don't know how the formula doesn't work

gotigs88

hide sheets use data

Are you hiding using Format-Sheet-Hide? It should still be usable.

--
gotigs88
gotigs88's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28468