-   -   Formula Constant (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53442-formula-constant.html)

dale1948

Formula Constant

I'm using Excel 2003 to develop a 2006 P&L budget. If Total Sales equals
100%, then, I want to use number in this cell as a constant divisor. I want
each cell in the column to be divided by this constant. There are over 100
expense lines, so manually entering the formula would be a pain. I tried
copy/paste special and the divisor moves to the next row down.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Dale

Elkar

Formula Constant

Let's assume your constant is stored in cell A1. In your formula, refer to
A1 as $A$1. This will prevent Excel from adjusting that reference when you
copy & paste.

"dale1948" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003 to develop a 2006 P&L budget. If Total Sales equals
100%, then, I want to use number in this cell as a constant divisor. I want
each cell in the column to be divided by this constant. There are over 100
expense lines, so manually entering the formula would be a pain. I tried
copy/paste special and the divisor moves to the next row down.

Can you help?

Thanks!

Dale

Barry

Formula Constant

to keep a constant cell for cell a1 use $a$1