-   -   Creating a Web Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53365-creating-web-query.html)

Louise

Creating a Web Query

Hi all

I am new to creating web queries in Excel and have been using the Data,
Import External and New Web Query option.

However, I have just gone straight to the internet, right-clicked on the
table that I wanted to import as a web query and choose Import. This also
puts the table into an Excel worksheet with an automatic link to the data on
the website!!

Is this the same feature, just a lot quicker???

Thank you.

Louise

Don Guillett

Creating a Web Query

Was it good for you?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

I am new to creating web queries in Excel and have been using the Data,
Import External and New Web Query option.

However, I have just gone straight to the internet, right-clicked on the
table that I wanted to import as a web query and choose Import. This also
puts the table into an Excel worksheet with an automatic link to the data

on
the website!!

Is this the same feature, just a lot quicker???

Thank you.

Louise

Louise

Creating a Web Query

Was it good for me?? If you mean, did it work, yes it did. I just wanted to
know if it's the same as a Web query.....

Louise

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Was it good for you?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

I am new to creating web queries in Excel and have been using the Data,
Import External and New Web Query option.

However, I have just gone straight to the internet, right-clicked on the
table that I wanted to import as a web query and choose Import. This also
puts the table into an Excel worksheet with an automatic link to the data

on
the website!!

Is this the same feature, just a lot quicker???

Thank you.

Louise

Don Guillett

Creating a Web Query

What I meant is that it must have been quicker, therefore good.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Louise" wrote in message
Was it good for me?? If you mean, did it work, yes it did. I just wanted

know if it's the same as a Web query.....

Louise

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Was it good for you?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

I am new to creating web queries in Excel and have been using the

Data,
Import External and New Web Query option.

However, I have just gone straight to the internet, right-clicked on

the
table that I wanted to import as a web query and choose Import. This

also
puts the table into an Excel worksheet with an automatic link to the

data
on
the website!!

Is this the same feature, just a lot quicker???

Thank you.

Louise

Louise

Creating a Web Query

yes, it was quicker, but what I wanted to know was - is this another way of
creating an actual Web Query or is it another function altogether that just
happens to do the same thing?

"Louise" wrote in message
Was it good for me?? If you mean, did it work, yes it did. I just wanted

know if it's the same as a Web query.....

Louise

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Was it good for you?

--