-   -   Hourly rates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53288-hourly-rates.html)

Dreamstar_1961

Hourly rates

what I'm trying to do is work out for overtime at work, this is what I got at
the moment,
=SUM(Annual_Lev*7.6*D10*(1+17%)+Days_Worked*7.6*D1 0+Overtime_worked*1.5*D10)
this works fine for most but we some time work Saturdays which is the first
3 hours @ time and half, then it go's to double time, I know I could not put
it into the nomal over time section, so it had to have it's own sell to work
out.

the cells are set
"D6 days worked", " D7 over time worked", "D8 Overtime Saturday", "D9 Annual
leave", "D10 Hourly rate", I know it has to be a if command but don't know
how to put it.

Bob Phillips

Hourly rates

Saturday overtime can be calculated with

=(Overtime_Saturday*1.5+(MAX(0,Overtime_Saturday-3)*0.5))*Hourly_rate

in the other formula (which I haven't verified, replace Overtime_worked by
(Overtime_Worked-Overtime_Saturday)

BTW, the SUM function is superfluous in your formula.

--

HTH

RP

"Dreamstar_1961" wrote in message
[...]

It seem to work, thanks for the help Bob, not the why I thought it would be
but then I'm new to using excel, so I have to struggle though as best I can,
I lost the "sum" at the start and see what you mean, as it's not needed, now
need to look to see where else I can lose it from.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

To help you along, SUM does the basic addition math on a range of cells. So
=SUM(A1:A100), or =SUM(A1,A2) is valid. If you are doing the math yourself,
such as A1+A2 this doesn't need SUM. Also, SUM only does addition, it
doesn't multiply or divide, so if your formula has these, it doesn't need to
be included in and SUM function.