-   -   How to use Proper formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5327-how-use-proper-formula.html)

Overbaked

How to use Proper formula?

I am doing all the steps for the Proper function. I looks correct in the
Function Arguments box, but I get a O for the answer. What am I doing wrong.

Frank Kabel

Hi
in what cell are you entering it
- what is in your source cell
- post the exact formula

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Overbaked wrote:
I am doing all the steps for the Proper function. I looks correct in
the Function Arguments box, but I get a O for the answer. What am I
doing wrong.

Trevor Shuttleworth

Overbaked

Perhaps you could give an example of the data ?

Assuming you have "abc" in cell A1 (no quotes), =PROPER(A1) would give
Abc.

What is in your cell ? What does your formula look like ?

If you had a numeric value in the cell, I think you would get a text version
of the number

Regards

Trevor