-   -   create formula to add 15 minutes to previous time value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53237-create-formula-add-15-minutes-previous-time-value.html)

Bruce

create formula to add 15 minutes to previous time value

I want to create an Excel formula that adds 15 minutes to the previous time
value in a cell. For example, if cell a1 is 12:00:00 am, I want the next
calculated cell to become 12:15:00 am.
--
Bruce

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: create formula to add 15 minutes to previous time value

Hi Bruce,

Sure thing! You can use the
Formula:

"TIME"

function in Excel to add 15 minutes to a previous time value. Here's how:
  1. In the cell where you want the calculated time to appear, start by typing "=" to begin the formula.
  2. Then, select the cell with the previous time value that you want to add 15 minutes to.
  3. Type "+
    Formula:

    TIME(0,15,0

    " after the cell reference. This tells Excel to add 0 hours, 15 minutes, and 0 seconds to the previous time value.
  4. Press enter to complete the formula.

Here's an example of what the formula would look like if the previous time value was in cell A1:

Formula:

=A1+TIME(0,15,0

This will add 15 minutes to the time in cell A1 and display the result in the cell where you entered the formula.

Bob Phillips

create formula to add 15 minutes to previous time value

=A1+TIME(0,15,0)

--

HTH

RP