-   -   Percentage format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5321-percentage-format.html)

f16pilot

Percentage format

When I use a function or formula to fill a cell formatted as percentage,
Excel ignores the whole number rule and always multiplies by 100, so instead
of 10% I get 1000%. Is there a way to correct this?

Frank Kabel

Hi
you're probably entering 10?
1% is equal to 0.01
so you may enter 0.10 in your example or enter 10%
either should work

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"f16pilot" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
When I use a function or formula to fill a cell formatted as

percentage,
Excel ignores the whole number rule and always multiplies by 100, so

instead
of 10% I get 1000%. Is there a way to correct this?

Peo Sjoblom

What's your formula and data? I can't reproduce anything like that if indeed
I use the correct formula for percentage

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"f16pilot" wrote:

When I use a function or formula to fill a cell formatted as percentage,
Excel ignores the whole number rule and always multiplies by 100, so instead
of 10% I get 1000%. Is there a way to correct this?

RagDyer

<Tools <Options <Edit tab,
And make sure that "EnableAutoPercentEntry" *IS* checked.
--

HTH,

RD