-   -   Can I apply Cond. Formatting to a Formula result? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53059-can-i-apply-cond-formatting-formula-result.html)

SCrowley

Can I apply Cond. Formatting to a Formula result?

Let's say $M3 contains a formula J3/I3 which returns a percentage. I want the
row to color if the resulting percentage is over 100%.

--
Thank you,

Ron Coderre

Can I apply Cond. Formatting to a Formula result?

Select entire Row 3
From the main menu select Format.Conditional Formatting
Select : Formula Is (from the dropdown list)
Criteria: =$M$31
Click the [Format...] button and select a green fill color
Click the [OK] buttons when done.

Does that help?

€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢
Regards,
Ron

"SCrowley" wrote:

Let's say $M3 contains a formula J3/I3 which returns a percentage. I want the
row to color if the resulting percentage is over 100%.

--
Thank you,

SCrowley

Can I apply Cond. Formatting to a Formula result?

Yes, it worked beautifully! Thank you!
--
Thank you,

"Ron Coderre" wrote: