-   -   How do I display the user details in a XLS sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/53005-how-do-i-display-user-details-xls-sheet.html)

CJ

How do I display the user details in a XLS sheet?

Is it possible to display the current user name within a cell of the workbook?

Chip Pearson

How do I display the user details in a XLS sheet?

You can only do this with a VBA function.

Public Function UserName()
UserName = Environ("username")
End Function

For more info about getting document properties in Excel, see
www.cpearson.com/excel/docprop.htm

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"CJ" wrote in message
Is it possible to display the current user name within a cell
of the workbook?

maryj

How do I display the user details in a XLS sheet?

Where would you put this code - in the sheet, in a module or in the workbook?
I've tried pasting the code into various locations - I should be able to see
the name of the function when I got into the Paste Function dialog box, user
defined - right?
--
maryj