-   -   how do I prevent a RAND number from changing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/52900-how-do-i-prevent-rand-number-changing.html)

DAVIDT

how do I prevent a RAND number from changing

Using RAND or RANDBETWEEN to randomly select a number from a specific range
allows a new random number to be calculated when any other cell is filled
and tabbed. I only want the random number to change when F9 is used. How can
this be done?

Max

how do I prevent a RAND number from changing

Set the calc mode to Manual
(Click Tools Options Calculation tab)

--
Rgds