-   -   Proper Function not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/52649-proper-function-not-working.html)

kimi5564

Proper Function not working

On a daily basis I use the "proper" function for mail pieces. Today, it is
displaying my text of the equation, not the proper case of the cell it is
related to. Please help.

RagDyer

Proper Function not working

First, check if the Formula View has been toggled accidentally.
<Ctrl < ` (that's the single quote - above <Tab - left of the 1 key)

If that didn't help, check that the format of that cell isn't Text.
If it is, then change the format to General or Number, then click in the
formula bar and hit <Enter.

--
HTH,

RD