Lookup? for more than one criteria

I have a ss that contains the following:

(sheet1)
#1. my source starts on sheet1 in cell b2 (this displays the company name).
#2.

(sheet2)
#2a. names of companies from col h1:z1
product code list: b1:b50
#3. prices listed under the column for each company h1:h50, i1:i50, etc.

What I want the formula to do is look at #1, for the company name, match to
#2 on sheet2 ...

Look at the product code on sheet1 and match to sheet2 product code

then find the correct price for the item & company listed.

Is this possible in a formula?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave Peterson

Lookup? for more than one criteria

Saved from a previous post:

I like this syntax:

=index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othersheet !$b$1:$b$100),0))
(one cell)

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

#1. my source starts on sheet1 in cell b2 (this displays the company name).
#2.

(sheet2)
#3. prices listed under the column for each company h1:h50, i1:i50, etc.

What I want the formula to do is look at #1, for the company name, match to
#2 on sheet2 ...

--

Dave Peterson

mbarron

Lookup? for more than one criteria

Try this:
=INDEX(Sheet2!H1:Z50,MATCH(B3,Sheet2!B1:B50,0),MAT CH(B2,Sheet2!H1:Z1,0))

I'm assuming that your product list and price actually starts in row 2
not row 1. I'm also assuming that cell B3 on sheet1 contains the
product you want to look up.