-   -   find an average from a range, utilizing all data 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/52405-find-average-range-utilizing-all-data-0-a.html)

Chase

find an average from a range, utilizing all data 0

I have a row of various #s and I would like to take the average of those
numbers only if they are greater than 0, if they are less than or equal to 0
I would like to omit them.

How can create a formula to reflect this?

Thanks,
CT

Biff

find an average from a range, utilizing all data 0

Hi!

Try one of these:

=SUMIF(A1:G1,"0",A1:G1)/COUNTIF(A1:G1,"0")

This one is an array and must be entered using the key combo of
CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:G10,A1:G1))

Biff

"Chase" wrote in message
I have a row of various #s and I would like to take the average of those
numbers only if they are greater than 0, if they are less than or equal to
0
I would like to omit them.

How can create a formula to reflect this?

Thanks,
CT

Ron Coderre

find an average from a range, utilizing all data 0

Try something like this:
=SUMIF(B1:H1,"0")/COUNTIF(B1:H1,"0")

Does that help?

Ron

"Chase" wrote:

I have a row of various #s and I would like to take the average of those
numbers only if they are greater than 0, if they are less than or equal to 0
I would like to omit them.

How can create a formula to reflect this?

Thanks,
CT

Biff

find an average from a range, utilizing all data 0

Actually, the first formula can be written like:

=SUMIF(A1:G1,"0")/COUNTIF(A1:G1,"0")

Biff

"Chase" wrote in message
I have a row of various #s and I would like to take the average of those
numbers only if they are greater than 0, if they are less than or equal
to 0
I would like to omit them.

How can create a formula to reflect this?

Thanks,
CT

Ashish Mathur

find an average from a range, utilizing all data 0

Hi,

You may try the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

=average(if((range0),range))

Regards,

Ashish Mathur