-   -   What formula do I use to link worksheets together within one spre. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5235-what-formula-do-i-use-link-worksheets-together-within-one-spre.html)

Juarez1

What formula do I use to link worksheets together within one spre.

I use Excel to record my students grades. The first worksheet is the student
summary which keeps track of the students semester on going grade. The 2nd,
3rd, and 4th worksheets keep track of the students grades by standards. I
want each individual student's grade from the standard worksheet to link into
the first summary page. Is there a formula I can use to link a grade from
another worksheet into a different worksheet?

Steve H.

If your grade you want to link is on sheet 2 in cell A1 use this.
=Sheet2!A1

Steve

"Juarez1" wrote in message
I use Excel to record my students grades. The first worksheet is the

student
summary which keeps track of the students semester on going grade. The

2nd,
3rd, and 4th worksheets keep track of the students grades by standards. I
want each individual student's grade from the standard worksheet to link

into
the first summary page. Is there a formula I can use to link a grade from
another worksheet into a different worksheet?

RagDyer

You can have XL create the formula for you.
Right click in the cell containing the grade you wish to link, and choose
"Copy".
Navigate to the summary sheet, and right click in the cell that will
"receive" the data, and choose "PasteSpecial".
Then just click on "PasteLink".
--

HTH,

RD