-   -   Why can't my macro use Auto Filter when I told the Sheet Protecti. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5231-why-cant-my-macro-use-auto-filter-when-i-told-sheet-protecti.html)

KC Rippstein

Why can't my macro use Auto Filter when I told the Sheet Protecti.

I have unlocked specific cells that I want to auto filter, then protected the
sheet and checked the box to allow all users to auto filter. This is using
Excel 2002. So now that I have my completed, protected sheet, I have a
command button that runs the auto filter via a macro, but it keeps giving me
an error that says a protected sheet cannot use auto filter. What gives?

Frank Kabel

Hi
see:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect