-   -   Is there a formula that can be used here (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5230-there-formula-can-used-here.html)

Kandice

Is there a formula that can be used here

I trying to create a formula. I'm currently using MS Excel to get basic
info for my Video rental shop. But I'm having difficulties coming up
with a formula for the below argument

If my CD burn speed is 6MB per minute, how long will it take to burn a
700MB CD...given that each file is about 3MB?

Is there a formula that can be used?

--
Kandice
Kandice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15838

Bernie Deitrick

Kandice,

You don't really need a formula - it will take 700/6 or about 116 minutes.
But I doubt that your write speed is that slow: more likely, it's 6 MB/sec,
so about 2 minutes to burn a CD, if you can maintain that data rate:
typically, you can't, since the disc write speed gets slower the closer to
the center of the disk. Usually 3 to 4 minutes is more common. But the
best way: burn one and see how long it takes.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP