-   -   Problem occur in sum function while deleting the rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/52284-re-problem-occur-sum-function-while-deleting-rows.html)

Ellis Yu

Problem occur in sum function while deleting the rows

Many Thanks !! Ciao Bruno, It works !!

"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message
"Ellis Yu" wrote in message
Dear All,

I've a sum function to add up a column from row 50 to row 100

like
"= sum(A50:A100)". If I delete the rows between this range, let's say we
delete 3 rows. It will become "=sum(A50:A97)". Even I use absolution
address, the result is the same. I just want to add up the values from

row
50 to row 100, no matter making any change in the row. Any idea? Thanks

Best Rdgs
Ellis

Try:
=SUM(INDIRECT("A50:A100"))