-   -   Formatting Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/52165-formatting-columns.html)

wg100

Formatting Columns

I want to format a column so that if I enter 1, or 0, then the cell in
that column that I am editing will then show the word Yes or No. Is
this possible?

--
wg100
wg100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28330

bob

Formatting Columns

Try this from the current cell:

IF(A1=1,"YES",IF(A1=0,"NO",))

"wg100" wrote:

I want to format a column so that if I enter 1, or 0, then the cell in
that column that I am editing will then show the word Yes or No. Is
this possible?

--
wg100
wg100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28330
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479123

vezerid

Formatting Columns

If you want the cell itself to display yes/no when 1/0 is entered, you
can try the following:
Format|Cells... | Number tab. Select custom format and use:
"yes";;"no"

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

wg100

Formatting Columns

vezerid Wrote:
If you want the cell itself to display yes/no when 1/0 is entered, you
can try the following:
Format|Cells... | Number tab. Select custom format and use:
"yes";;"no"

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Thanks, that was just the answer I was looking for.