-   -   Use of pre-defined lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/52098-use-pre-defined-lists.html)

Sandor

Use of pre-defined lists

I know the Data validation/List option to use a pre-defined list of (in
my case) Companies, but now I'm searching for a way to create
Department lists, -based on the already filled Company value-.

So, if Company = Site Italy, the Department field should only list the
Italian Departments.

Is there an option for that in Excel?

--
Sandor
Sandor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27006

Bob Phillips

Use of pre-defined lists

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

--

HTH

RP

"Sandor" wrote in
message ...

I know the Data validation/List option to use a pre-defined list of (in
my case) Companies, but now I'm searching for a way to create
Department lists, -based on the already filled Company value-.

So, if Company = Site Italy, the Department field should only list the
Italian Departments.

Is there an option for that in Excel?

--
Sandor
Sandor's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479038

Sandor

Use of pre-defined lists

Thanks both!

The second method was the easiest, because I didn't have to use any VB,
but I might want to use VB in the future when it gets more complex!