-   -   VBA: Return Searched Value Inputed by End-User (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5207-vba-return-searched-value-inputed-end-user.html)

Mcasteel

VBA: Return Searched Value Inputed by End-User

Im trying to look up a specific SSN from Column F. The End-User will
input a Customer SSN that they are looking for into a text box
(txtCustSSN).

If the SSN is found, I want to return the customers Lname, Fname,
Info1, and Info2 back to my customized form. If the SSN is not found I
want to return msgbox "Customer Data not Found".

_Data:_
Column A = Date
Column B = Type
Column C = Lname
Column D = Fname
Column E = Mname
Column F = SSN
Column G = Info1
Column H = Info2

ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO SEARCH A COLUMN OF OR 300+ SSN'S TO \"MATCH\" THE
SSN THAT THE END-USER INPUTS INTO THE TEXT BOX TXTCUSTSSN?

Ive been having a really hard time with this, please respond with as
much info as you can.

Thank you!

--
Mcasteel
Mcasteel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15698

Frank Kabel

Hi
use a INDEX / MATCH combination. Do you need a VBA solution?. If yes use
application.index and application.match

"Mcasteel" wrote:

Im trying to look up a specific SSN from Column F. The End-User will
input a Customer SSN that they are looking for into a text box
(txtCustSSN).

If the SSN is found, I want to return the customers Lname, Fname,
Info1, and Info2 back to my customized form. If the SSN is not found I
want to return msgbox "Customer Data not Found".

_Data:_