-   -   Customise Right Click Menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5200-customise-right-click-menu.html)

Paul Moles

Customise Right Click Menu

In Word it is possible to customise the right click menus using
Tools,Customise then selecting Shortcut menus on the toolbars tab.

I cannot see or find Shortcut menus on this tab in Excel 2003, is it
elsewhere or done differently.

Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

Done through VBA, example:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/rightclick.htm

Peo Sjoblom

"Paul Moles" wrote in message
In Word it is possible to customise the right click menus using
Tools,Customise then selecting Shortcut menus on the toolbars tab.

I cannot see or find Shortcut menus on this tab in Excel 2003, is it
elsewhere or done differently.

Thanks

Paul Moles

Surely it can be done through the user interface?
I only want to add a simple macro to a menu. I have it as a toolbar button
but would be useful "in context" on right click menu.
Thanks
Paul Moles

"Paul Moles" wrote in message
In Word it is possible to customise the right click menus using
Tools,Customise then selecting Shortcut menus on the toolbars tab.

I cannot see or find Shortcut menus on this tab in Excel 2003, is it
elsewhere or done differently.

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
AFAIK it can't be done through the user interface

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Paul Moles" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

"Paul Moles" wrote in message
In Word it is possible to customise the right click menus using
Tools,Customise then selecting Shortcut menus on the toolbars

tab.

I cannot see or find Shortcut menus on this tab in Excel 2003, is

it
elsewhere or done differently.

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Paul

Only through VBA as Peo points out.

Workbook_Open to add the item.

Workbook_BeforeClose to delete the item.

Or both in the Workbook_Open.

Delete first to ensure no duplicates then add.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP