-   -   invisible macro commands? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51969-invisible-macro-commands.html)

Julieeeee

invisible macro commands?

What is the command to make the steps in a macro invisible to the user? That
is, when I press the button I would like to just see the final result and not
the blinkety blinkety as each command is executed. Thx! Julie

Don Guillett

invisible macro commands?

try
application.screenupdating=false
your code
application.screenupdating=true

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Julieeeee" wrote in message
What is the command to make the steps in a macro invisible to the user?

That
is, when I press the button I would like to just see the final result and

not
the blinkety blinkety as each command is executed. Thx! Julie

Zack Barresse

invisible macro commands?

Hi there Julie,

Add a couple of lines to your code ...

Sub YourMacroHere
Application.ScreenUpdating = false

'... your code here ...

Application.Screenupdating = true
End Sub

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)

"Julieeeee" wrote in message
What is the command to make the steps in a macro invisible to the user?
That
is, when I press the button I would like to just see the final result and
not
the blinkety blinkety as each command is executed. Thx! Julie

Julieeeee

invisible macro commands?

That does it. Thank you Don!

"Julieeeee" wrote in message
What is the command to make the steps in a macro invisible to the user?

That
is, when I press the button I would like to just see the final result and

not
the blinkety blinkety as each command is executed. Thx! Julie

Don Guillett

invisible macro commands?

glad it helped

--