-   -   count of records with 2 or more "options" selected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51793-count-records-2-more-options-selected.html)

Monish

count of records with 2 or more "options" selected

Hi

I want to count the number of records where any 2 of 9 options are selected
(with an "x' in the cell). Again, they can be any 2 of the 9 options.
Likewise, I then need to know how many have any 3, 4, and 5+ of 9 options
selected...

I hope someone can let me know an easy way to do this.

Thanks,
Monish

Biff

count of records with 2 or more "options" selected

Hi!

Use a helper column at the end of your data range that counts the number of
X's per row:

=COUNITF(B2:J2,"X")

Copy down as needed.

Then use that helper column as the range to count for the specific number
criteria:

=COUNTIF(K2:K10,2)
=COUNTIF(K2:K10,"5")

Biff