-   -   Changing number in same cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5178-changing-number-same-cell.html)

jrwheels

Changing number in same cell

Lets say I have a cell D1, and in column A, I am going to list different
numbers in each cell daily.

Can I get the amount in D1 to change everytime I enter a new number in the
cells in column A?

Thanks for the help, Jim

Myrna Larson

In D1

=INDEX(A:A,RAND()*COUNT(A:A)+1)

However, that will recalculate whenever the worksheet recalculates, not just
when you enter something in column A.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:20:01 GMT, "jrwheels" wrote:

Lets say I have a cell D1, and in column A, I am going to list different
numbers in each cell daily.

Can I get the amount in D1 to change everytime I enter a new number in the
cells in column A?

Thanks for the help, Jim

jrwheels

I forgot to add that I would like the formula to disregard the entry in the
previous cell.

Thanks again, Jim