-   -   How do I subtract block N19 from L19. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51721-how-do-i-subtract-block-n19-l19.html)

Eddy J

How do I subtract block N19 from L19.

Running a monthly expenditures worksheet. Would like to subtract what has
been
paid this month ,which is on same sheet with what is normally paid each month.
example is (L19)-N19). All I get is block contains a constant. What do I do.
I am running excell 2003.

Intruder 9

How do I subtract block N19 from L19.

=L19-N19
"Eddy J" <Eddy wrote in message
Running a monthly expenditures worksheet. Would like to subtract what has
been
paid this month ,which is on same sheet with what is normally paid each
month.
example is (L19)-N19). All I get is block contains a constant. What do I
do.
I am running excell 2003.

Anne Troy

How do I subtract block N19 from L19.

Sounds like your cell is formatted as text. Select it. Hit
Edit--Clear--All. Save your file and try the formula again.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com