-   -   conditional format for duplicates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51716-conditional-format-duplicates.html)

PamHR

conditional format for duplicates

Hello,
I have a schedule of 200 employees, and 33 shifts/locations, that changes
daily. I have all schedules in one workbook. I'd like a conditional format
that notifies me when one employee has been placed on more than one worksheet
- in other words, I want no duplicates of employee names in a workbook. Any
suggestions?
Thanks!

Bernie Deitrick

conditional format for duplicates

No, not easily. A MUCH better way would be to use one sheet that has a
master list of the 200 employees, and assign them to a shift and a location
on that same sheet, using values entered into columns after their names.
Then use filtering to show just one shift, or one location, or one shift at
one location, or to filter on other information also in the list.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"PamHR" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a schedule of 200 employees, and 33 shifts/locations, that changes
daily. I have all schedules in one workbook. I'd like a conditional
format
that notifies me when one employee has been placed on more than one
worksheet
- in other words, I want no duplicates of employee names in a workbook.
Any
suggestions?
Thanks!

PamHR

conditional format for duplicates

That is a much better idea - thanks so much! I really appreciate your
thoughtful response!
--
Pam