-   -   Need to find Min value based on date range entered (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/5166-need-find-min-value-based-date-range-entered.html)

Chad S

Need to find Min value based on date range entered

Aladin,

Thanks for the response. I tried the function but could not get it to
work. I am going to try and attach a sample file (.pdf) for you to see
what I am attempting. Any additional help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aladin Akyurek Wrote:
Assuming that the durations are true numbers, e.g., 09 is really 9, not
text...

=MIN(IF(TEXT(DateProcessedRange,"mm-yyyy")=TEXT(F2,"mm-yyyy")),DurationRange))

which you need to confirm with control+shift+enter instead of just with
enter.

F2 supposed to house a true date criterion in the form of e.g.,
1-Feb-04.

|Filename: Example.pdf |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2736 |

Chad S
Chad S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15747
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=272660

Aladin Akyurek

Chad S Wrote:
Aladin,

Thanks for the response. I tried the function but could not get it to
work. I am going to try and attach a sample file (.pdf) for you to see
what I am attempting. Any additional help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

=MIN(IF(TEXT(C5:C12,"mm-yyyy")=TEXT(D3,"mm-yyyy"),D5:D12))

which you need to confirm with control+shift+enter instead of just with
enter. Maybe you overlooked this confirmation bit.

This returns 7 for the data in your pdf file.

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165