-   -   Text Strings Conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51658-text-strings-conversion.html)

billyccarver

Text Strings Conversion

I have a text string that is in all one cell and I want to convert
portions of the string into seperate cells. Can anyone help me with
the formula for that?
Here is what the string looks like:

ALLEN, BILL,"9654 N 6620 W",,"CASEYVILLE","AZ","84487"

I need each of the name, address, city state and zip in sererate
cells.
thanks!

--
billyccarver
billyccarver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28265

Bob Phillips

Text Strings Conversion

Is DataText To Columns... with a comma separator adequate.?

--

HTH

RP

"billyccarver"
wrote in message
news:billyccarver.1x9f2j_1129910737.7981@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I have a text string that is in all one cell and I want to convert
portions of the string into seperate cells. Can anyone help me with
the formula for that?
Here is what the string looks like:

ALLEN, BILL,"9654 N 6620 W",,"CASEYVILLE","AZ","84487"

I need each of the name, address, city state and zip in sererate
cells.
thanks!

--
billyccarver
billyccarver's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478262

swatsp0p

Text Strings Conversion

Use DataText to Columns... to separate these into different cells. Set
it as Delimited and choose Comma as the delimiter.

Good Luck

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101