-   -   nested funtions (IF OR) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51537-nested-funtions-if.html)

HudsonHouse

nested funtions (IF OR)

I am trying to write an IF function with an OR nested inside of it. HELP!!!!
(maybe one problem - not working with numbers, but with text)
In cell R11 I want to write an IF function with OR nested within, so that:
if B4 equals M11 or M12 (all cells containing text), the value in B4 will
display. Otherwise, it will be blank. Thanks!

Chip Pearson

nested funtions (IF OR)

Try something like following in R11

=IF(OR(B4=M11,B4=M12),B4,"")