Pam Coleman

Default vlookup

I have two spreadsheets, 1 employees with all emp infor (emp sheet)and the
other injuries (inj sheet), On the injury sheet I have starting in column c2
all the emp# and have inserted a blank column in D, I selected the range
h2:I1709 and named it emp My formula on the inj sheet in column d2 is:
vlookup(c2,clicked on the emp sheet,typed in the range named emp,2)WHICH
LOOKS LIKE: vlookup(c2,injsheet!emp,2) it brings back to D2 the correct
employee matching up the emp numbers, but when I try to copy the formula with
the handle it just copies that name. I don't know what I did. Thanks

BrianB

In the absence of another reply ........
Perhaps you have a later version of Excel that does fancy things - in
which case "It is a feature, not a bug" and you will need to have a
look at Help.
I am still using XL97 here and do not get these problems. :)

Copy the cell.
Select cells below the formula.
Edit/Paste Special/Formulas.

--