-   -   I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51107-i-need-formula-if-cell-blank-then-0-a.html)

Duke

I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0"

I need a formula that does this:

IF CELL G3 HAS TEXT OF ANY KIND, THEN G34*.15, IF G3 IS BLANK, THEN 0.

Help!!!

Alan

I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0"

=IF(G3<0,G34*1.5,0)
Regards,
Alan.
"Duke" wrote in message
I need a formula that does this:

IF CELL G3 HAS TEXT OF ANY KIND, THEN G34*.15, IF G3 IS BLANK, THEN 0.

Help!!!

Peo Sjoblom

I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0"

=IF(AND(ISTEXT(G3),G3<""),G34*0.15,0)

if you by "text of any kind" mean a number as well

=IF(LEN(G3)0,G34*0.15,0)

Peo Sjoblom

"Duke" wrote in message
I need a formula that does this:

IF CELL G3 HAS TEXT OF ANY KIND, THEN G34*.15, IF G3 IS BLANK, THEN 0.

Help!!!

PCLIVE

I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0"

=IF(G3="",0,G34*.15)

Regards,
Paul

"Duke" wrote in message
I need a formula that does this:

IF CELL G3 HAS TEXT OF ANY KIND, THEN G34*.15, IF G3 IS BLANK, THEN 0.

Help!!!

Aladin Akyurek

I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0"

1.

=(ISTEXT(G3))*(G34*0.15)

2.

=IF(ISTEXT(G3),G34*0.15,0)

Duke wrote:
I need a formula that does this:

IF CELL G3 HAS TEXT OF ANY KIND, THEN G34*.15, IF G3 IS BLANK, THEN 0.

Help!!!

Sandy Mann

I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0"

If you mean text in G1 but ignore numbers and errors then try
=(ISTEXT(G3))*G34*0.15

If you mean any entry in G1 the try:

=(G3<"")*G34*0.15

--
HTH

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Duke" wrote in message
I need a formula that does this:

IF CELL G3 HAS TEXT OF ANY KIND, THEN G34*.15, IF G3 IS BLANK, THEN 0.

Help!!!

Sandy Mann

I need a formula: " If this cell is blank, then 0"

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote in message
1.

=(ISTEXT(G3))*(G34*0.15)

2.

=IF(ISTEXT(G3),G34*0.15,0)

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
If you mean text in G1 but ignore numbers and errors then try
=(ISTEXT(G3))*G34*0.15

If you mean any entry in G1 the try:

=(G3<"")*G34*0.15

mmmm....

Going to have to spend less time reading off line..... <g

Sandy