-   -   change first-name-last to last-name-first in a single cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/51050-change-first-name-last-last-name-first-single-cell.html)

[email protected]

change first-name-last to last-name-first in a single cell?

I have a worksheet with 1,000 names and addresses. I would like to re-order
the names (which are all in single full-name cells) from first-name last-name
order to last-name first-name order.
When I try to run a macro selecting relative cells, it attempts to paste
name from example cell into all other cells.

Ron de Bruin

change first-name-last to last-name-first in a single cell?

Do you mean this

Ron de Bruin (in cell B2) will be Bruin, Ron de

=IF(ISERR(FIND(" ",B2)),IF(LEN(B2)=0,"",B2),MID(B2,FIND("^^",SUBSTI TUTE(B2," ","^^",LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2," ",""))))+1,1024)&",
"&LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(B2," ","^^",LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2," ",""))),FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(B2," ","^^",LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"
",""))))-1))

This is a option in the DataRefiner add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/datarefiner.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with 1,000 names and addresses. I would like to re-order
the names (which are all in single full-name cells) from first-name last-name
order to last-name first-name order.
When I try to run a macro selecting relative cells, it attempts to paste
name from example cell into all other cells.

CLR

change first-name-last to last-name-first in a single cell?

I would just use Data TextToColumns SpaceDelimited, to separate the names
into two columns and then use CONCATINATION to put them back together the way
I wanted them..........if you choose to do it this way and need assistance,
post back and someone will help

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3