pajodublin

Default 2 Formulae 1 Cell

Hi,
Im trying to use 2 IF functions on the one cell.

My jobs consists of alot of printing with numerous types of paper each
numbered differently. Jobs that come in are all named differently and
use different forms. for example. the Job APTFEE uses ASC31 stationary,
whereas job R30EE uses RCT31 stationary.

Im trying to set up a form so when someone types in the job name the
type of paper will appear in the cell. I hope im making sense.

this is the formula ive been using, and changing it around for the last
4 hours without success...
=IF(A4="Aptfee","ASC31","False")OR(=IF,A4="r30ee", "RCT31","False")

Ive tried alot of different ones this one is just the current one ive
tried and i probably was closer before, any help would be much
appreciated
Thanks
Pajodublin

--
pajodublin
pajodublin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2804

BenjieLop

pajodublin Wrote:
[...]

Try this ...

=IF(A4=\"APTFEE\",\"ASC31\",IF(A4=\"R30EE\",\"RCT3 1\",\"FALSE\"))

OR, if there are only 2 choices for A4, i.e, either it is "Aptfee" or
"r30ee" then your formula can be

=IF(A4=\"APTFEE\",\"ASC31\",\"RCT31\")

Regards.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477026

pajodublin

BenjieLop Wrote:
Try this ...

=IF(A4=\"APTFEE\",\"ASC31\",IF(A4=\"R30EE\",\"RCT3 1\",\"FALSE\"))

OR, if there are only 2 choices for A4, i.e, either it is "Aptfee" or
"r30ee" then your formula can be

=IF(A4=\"APTFEE\",\"ASC31\",\"RCT31\")

Regards.

thanks

that 1st one did the job, perfect
i knew i shouldve came here first.
Thanks again
Pajo

--
pajodublin
pajodublin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2804
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477026

BenjieLop

pajodublin Wrote:
thanks

that 1st one did the job, perfect
i knew i shouldve came here first.
Thanks again
Pajo

Thank you for the feedback... glad I can help.

Regards.