-   -   How do i set up data validation to only enter yes or no? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50844-how-do-i-set-up-data-validation-only-enter-yes-no.html)

renee

How do i set up data validation to only enter yes or no?

I need to know how to set up data validation that only allows the user to
type y or n in a cell.

Anne Troy

How do i set up data validation to only enter yes or no?

Select cell(s). From the menu, choose Data--Validation, choose List, type
in the box: yes,no
That's it!
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"renee" wrote in message
I need to know how to set up data validation that only allows the user to
type y or n in a cell.

Debra Dalgleish

How do i set up data validation to only enter yes or no?

You can use data validation to limit what a user can type in a cell. The
data validation can refer to a list on a worksheet, or to a list that
you type in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here
for using a list on the worksheet:

Note: if you type the list in the data validation dialog box, it is case
sensitive. For example, if your list is "y,n", users will be able to
enter lower case y or n, but not upper case Y or N.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List