-   -   GetPivotData ??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50833-getpivotdata.html)

Eric

GetPivotData ???

I'm having a problem with the GetPivotData function not returning certain
amounts. Three rows out of about 30 are not returning values, all using the
exact same methodology. I'm having it retrieve data from a grouped Trial
Balance report. The three desriptions that are not working a

Hourly Labor - Leased
Hourly Labor - Temp
Misc

As I said, using the exact same formula works for all the other lines and I
can't see anything different.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Eric

Debra Dalgleish

GetPivotData ???

Are the descriptions exactly the same in the formula as they are in the
pivot table? Perhaps one has extra space characters, and an match isn't
being found because of that.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Eric

GetPivotData ???

They are the same. I copied them over from the source.

Thanks for your response
Eric

Eric wrote:
I'm having a problem with the GetPivotData function not returning certain
amounts. Three rows out of about 30 are not returning values, all using the
exact same methodology. I'm having it retrieve data from a grouped Trial
Balance report. The three desriptions that are not working a

Hourly Labor - Leased
Hourly Labor - Temp
Misc

As I said, using the exact same formula works for all the other lines and I
can't see anything different.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Eric

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

GetPivotData ???

What result do you get in those formulas? An error?
What's the formula that you're using?