-   -   create a macro to save excel sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50703-create-macro-save-excel-sheet.html)

Moussa Hawas

create a macro to save excel sheet

I am asking for your help, as I am in a great trouble.
I want to do the following in a simple way.
I am working on an excel file that contains only one sheet.
That excel sheet is linked to Reuters to get the prices of stocks every
second live.
I want that file to save its latest figures been donwloaded from Reuters
automatically at certain hour of day while I am away from my office. Did you
get it?

Let me say it again, I want a code to write in Visual Basic or macros, to
make that excel sheet to be saved automatically when the clock of the
computer turns to be 11:00 pm every day while I am away from my desk.

Thanks.
Moussa Hawas
Analyst, Egypt Stock Market.

Richard Buttrey

create a macro to save excel sheet

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:51:01 -0700, Moussa Hawas <Moussa
wrote:

I am asking for your help, as I am in a great trouble.
I want to do the following in a simple way.
I am working on an excel file that contains only one sheet.
That excel sheet is linked to Reuters to get the prices of stocks every
second live.
I want that file to save its latest figures been donwloaded from Reuters
automatically at certain hour of day while I am away from my office. Did you
get it?

Let me say it again, I want a code to write in Visual Basic or macros, to
make that excel sheet to be saved automatically when the clock of the
computer turns to be 11:00 pm every day while I am away from my desk.

Thanks.
Moussa Hawas
Analyst, Egypt Stock Market.

Before leaving your desk set the following macro running.

Public Sub SaveReutersData()
Dim Mytime As Variant
Dim Timenow As Date
Mytime = TimeSerial(23, 0, 0)