-   -   Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50623-trying-copy-text-4-columns-into-1-column-html.html)

evolart

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

I have four columns of data which I need to grab data from and have them
entered into specific parts of html which is in a fifth column. Is this
at all possible?

You can see my spreadsheet he http://www.savefile.com/files/2459107

Listed below is the html from the field I need the data entered in:

<ul
<li type=disc These charms are part of the Rembrandt Charm
Collection.
<li type=disc All Rembrandt Charms are available in Sterling Silver,
Gold Plate, 10K Yellow

Gold, 14K Yellow Gold or 14K White Gold.
<li type=disc Please choose type of metal when ordering. Cost will be
calculated at chheckout.
<li type=disc Price shown is for sterling silver charm.
<li type=disc Gold Plate Charms cost $
<li type=disc 10K Gold Charms cost $
<li type=disc 14K Yellow Gold Charms cost $
<li type=disc 14K White Gold Charms cost $
<li type=disc This charm measures "" high.
<li type=disc Measurements are approximate.
<li type=disc All Rembrandt Charms come with Lifetime warranty.
</ul"

For example cell I2 has the value I need to be placed after "<li
type=disc Gold Plate Charms cost $" and so on. I need to do this for
6,000 entries, is it possible to automate this?

--
evolart
evolart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28129

evolart

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

I'm really hoping this is possible, people keep viewing but not saying
anything at all. Is it not possible?

--
evolart
evolart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28129
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476514

Anne Troy

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

It would take me a bit to figure out how to accomplish what you need most
efficiently. I imagine others feel the same way. The easiest way is to
provide a before and after. My first thought is that I would probably try to
do this using mail merge with Word.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"evolart" wrote in
message ...

I'm really hoping this is possible, people keep viewing but not saying
anything at all. Is it not possible?

--
evolart
evolart's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476514

Paul

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

Have you looked at the CONCATENATE function. Adding a space between each
cell-----

=CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1," ",D1)

That way you don't even have to have adjacent cells.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
It would take me a bit to figure out how to accomplish what you need most
efficiently. I imagine others feel the same way. The easiest way is to
provide a before and after. My first thought is that I would probably try
to do this using mail merge with Word.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"evolart" wrote in
message ...

I'm really hoping this is possible, people keep viewing but not saying
anything at all. Is it not possible?

--
evolart
evolart's Profile:
View this thread:

evolart

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

The problem is they data from those other cells have to be put into a
certain spot within the text of the first cell. Here is the formula
that I've come up with but it is too long for excel to use:

="<font size=""2"" color=""#000066"" face=""comic sans ms""
<ul
<li type=disc These charms are part of the Rembrandt Charm
Collection.
<li type=disc All Rembrandt Charms are available in Sterling Silver,
Gold Plate, 10K Yellow

Gold, 14K Yellow Gold or 14K White Gold.
<li type=disc Please choose type of metal when ordering. Cost will be
calculated at chheckout.
<li type=disc Price shown is for sterling silver charm.
<li type=disc Gold Plate Charms cost $"&I20&"
<li type=disc 10K Gold Charms cost $"&J20&"
<li type=disc 14K Yellow Gold Charms cost $"&K20&"
<li type=disc 14K White Gold Charms cost $"&L20&"
<li type=disc This charm measures " high.
<li type=disc Measurements are approximate.
<li type=disc All Rembrandt Charms come with Lifetime warranty.
</ul"

I'm using excel 2003 btw.

--

Paul Wrote:
Have you looked at the CONCATENATE function. Adding a space between
each
cell-----

=CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1," ",D1)

That way you don't even have to have adjacent cells.

Maybe I could use the method i was trying and then combine like 4 cells
into one using concatenate. I will have to try that....lots of work
though. It might be just as time consuming as doing it manually if I
have to break up the html into like 5 cells and then conctenate all of
them together.

Will concatenate give me the formulas or just the results? If it passes
the formulas that wont work.

--
evolart
evolart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28129
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476514

Anne Troy

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

Concatenate will string together the formula results, but it won't format
them for you.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"evolart" wrote in
message ...

Paul Wrote:
[...]

I'm gonna try a couple things and post back. I hope someone has another
idea if what I'm trying doesn't work :)

--
evolart
evolart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28129
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476514

evolart

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

I figured it out! Very complex and had to be broken up into 5 cells and
then all conctenated together and then the cell had to be copied and
pasted-special value only. Way better then typing it all in manually
though. I will explain in more detail and give an example spreadsheet
in case anyone ever has a similar problem! Thanks everyone!