-   -   Sheet Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50565-sheet-protection.html)

seezzell

Sheet Protection

I'm trying to protect one column in my spreadsheet and still allow my users
to hide/unhide columns and sort. Suggestions?

Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:27:03 -0700, "seezzell"
wrote:

I'm trying to protect one column in my spreadsheet and still allow my users
to hide/unhide columns and sort. Suggestions?

Once you've protected your s/s I don't believe you can.

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK

Dave Peterson

xl2002+ has this ability--it's on the tools|protection|protect sheet dialog.

If you're using xl2k or before, you could provide a macro that unprotected the
worksheet, did the work, then reprotected the worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson