-   -   =cell("filename",a1) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50560-%3Dcell-%22filename%22-a1.html)

topher

=cell("filename",a1)

Is there anyway to use this function to enter only the filename and not the
full path?

Anne Troy

See:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_ex cel.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"topher" wrote in message
Is there anyway to use this function to enter only the filename and not
the
full path?

topher

Thank you very much! Not sure I understand how it works, but it does.
Thanks also for the link, looks like I'll get alot of insight to "real"
solutions rather than the "junk" from online help.

"topher" wrote in message
Is there anyway to use this function to enter only the filename and not
the
full path?

Anne Troy

=cell("filename",a1)