-   -   Need info pulled from worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50551-need-info-pulled-worksheet.html)

Saut1

Need info pulled from worksheet

I have a customer list on Sheet 1. I have a project List on Sheet 2.
What I need to happen is this: I need for project list to pull
information from sheet 1. On sheet 1 I have customer name and then
customer number. On project list this information needs to pull over to
this sheet by just entring the customer name. Is this possible? I am a
newbie so need detailed instructions.

Thank you,
Wendy

--
Saut1
Saut1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28123

Gord Dibben

Wendy

Sounds like VLOOKUP could do the trick.

For more on that Function see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Also see Debra's site for info on Data Validation lists with drop-down box for
entering the customer names.

Might be useful.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP