-   -   Excel Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50283-excel-formula.html)

Shelly9633

Excel Formula

Is there a formula in Excel that will take the value, 1,000 and put it into
words, such as One Thousand and no/100--------- . Obviously I am trying to
use this for checks, and I want the text field to look at the value in a
cell, and transform it into words.

Don Guillett

go here and get rons google addin and search for numbers to words. LOTS of
hits.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Shelly9633" wrote in message
Is there a formula in Excel that will take the value, 1,000 and put it

into
words, such as One Thousand and no/100--------- . Obviously I am trying

use this for checks, and I want the text field to look at the value in a
cell, and transform it into words.

Alok

The following may be helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;213360

Alok

"Shelly9633" wrote:

Is there a formula in Excel that will take the value, 1,000 and put it into
words, such as One Thousand and no/100--------- . Obviously I am trying to
use this for checks, and I want the text field to look at the value in a
cell, and transform it into words.

Shelly9633

Thank you very much, Don. I found exactly what I was looking for.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

go here and get rons google addin and search for numbers to words. LOTS of
hits.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Shelly9633" wrote in message
Is there a formula in Excel that will take the value, 1,000 and put it

into
words, such as One Thousand and no/100--------- . Obviously I am trying

use this for checks, and I want the text field to look at the value in a
cell, and transform it into words.

Don Guillett

glad it helped