-   -   vlookup gives me a #N/A (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50272-vlookup-gives-me-n.html)

dave

vlookup gives me a #N/A

When I try to look with vlookup for a value that is not in the table
indicated, I get the message #N/A which indicates that the value cannot be
found (this is normal).

I would like to change this message #N/A into a value 0 or a blanc ""
because you cannot calculate with this value.

Is this possible??

arno

Is this possible??

only with something like:

=if(iserror(your vlookup);"";your vlookup)

where "your vlookup" is the formula you are currently using.

arno

Richard Buttrey

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:26:01 -0700, "dave"
wrote:

When I try to look with vlookup for a value that is not in the table
indicated, I get the message #N/A which indicates that the value cannot be
found (this is normal).

I would like to change this message #N/A into a value 0 or a blanc ""
because you cannot calculate with this value.

Is this possible??

Just wrap your vlookup in an If statement. i.e.

If(isna(vlookup(blah_blah)),0,vlookup(blah_blah))

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________

Aladin Akyurek

If you have this VLOOKUP formula, say, in 1000 or more cells, it might
be better to restort to formulas like:

=SUMIF(Range,"<#N/A") for summing;

{=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(Range),Range,""))} for averaging;

and comparable formulas for other statistics than trying to suppress
#N/A's by formulas that compute the same thing twice like:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...)).

--

[1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
their Excel numeric equivalents.

Bob Phillips

=IF(ISNA(vlookup_formula),"",vlookup_formula)

--

HTH

RP

"dave" wrote in message
When I try to look with vlookup for a value that is not in the table
indicated, I get the message #N/A which indicates that the value cannot be
found (this is normal).

I would like to change this message #N/A into a value 0 or a blanc ""
because you cannot calculate with this value.

Is this possible??

Alamo

vlookup gives me a #N/A

Excel automatically corrects this formula with 3 ))) at the end of the formula.

In my case it is:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B44,itemlist!$A16:$B126,2)),0,(VL OOKUP(B44,itemlist!$A16:$B126,2)))

I do not want the 0 to show up on the form - how can it be blank?

Mike Boehmer
San Antonio, TX
Home of the NBA Champs - The SPURS-

wrote:

When I try to look with vlookup for a value that is not in the table
indicated, I get the message #N/A which indicates that the value cannot be
found (this is normal).

I would like to change this message #N/A into a value 0 or a blanc ""
because you cannot calculate with this value.

Is this possible??

Just wrap your vlookup in an If statement. i.e.

If(isna(vlookup(blah_blah)),0,vlookup(blah_blah))

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK