-   -   Value_If_true - Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50155-value_if_true-question.html)

Hayley44

Value_If_true - Question

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this one out for a while now AND CAN'T.

Problem: My source document is in excel and i am using an IF formula -
I have merged a word document with this excel worksheet and the problem
that i have is that I have text as the value_if_true argument and I
would like to put a space in the text (at the end) so that when I merge
it with the word document then the space is included - please see below
for an explanation:

Forumula used: If(A20,"send contract ","") - I was hoping the space
after the end of the text would be picked up in the when merged with
the word document.

Current Result: ....send Contract2 (the 2 is another merge field in
the word document and I need the space in the send contract merge field
- I am unable to put the 'space' in the word document as it affects
other conditions.

Desired Result: ....send Contract 2

Question: How do I get the space to appear?

I hope I haven't confused anyone and I thank those that may be able to
help.

--
Hayley44
Hayley44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23803

Max

Perhaps try instead: =IF(A20,"Send contract"&CHAR(9),"")
See whether the results are acceptable when you merge
--
Rgds
Max

[...]

Hi, I would like to hear whether the suggestion worked for you over there.
I did test the merge over here with various char: 9, 28 - 32, 160 etc but
all except char(9) didn't work [the "space" was removed when merged in word
as per your post].
--
Rgds
Max