-   -   Percentage of amounts and profits of individual sales (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/50070-percentage-amounts-profits-individual-sales.html)

lulubelleshell

Percentage of amounts and profits of individual sales

How do I calculate a formula for the amount and profit of each sale in each
row? Like, the amount is $109,692.00 and the profit is $3,713.00. How do I
get the percentage for that individual cell?

Thanks, seriously confused
Shelley

JE McGimpsey

One way:

If you're looking for profit based on cost, then if the "amount" is in
A1 and the profit is in A2, then the % profit is

=A2/(A1-A2)

formatted as a percentage.

If instead you mean profit based on sale price, then use

=A2/A1

again formatted as a percentage.