-   -   reformat columns to rows? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49830-reformat-columns-rows.html)

RickyDee

reformat columns to rows?

Hi there, people.
Got two columns: Column "A" has (for instance) cars. (Buick, Chevy and
Ford). Column B has parking lot numbers: (1,2,3,4) all in separate cells.
Now, without a lot of typing, how would I change it thus: Take all Buicks,
place them in only one row. Now following the same row, separate cells,
place the parking spaces. Now I no longer have 14 rows of BUICK due to 14
parking spaces, I now have one row for BUICK and 14 parking spaces (across),
same row.

Rick

CLR

A Pivot Table will do this nicely...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3